Education at a Glance
While dietitians come to the retail space, what they need to be most successful in roles in the retail industry are business skills and industry knowledge. RDBA’s goal is to help our members strengthen their business acumen and understanding of all facets of the retail industry.
RDBA helps retail dietitians grow professionally and become more effective by providing retail industry insights and business education. All program elements, including newsletter articles, webinars, EduTracs®, and live trainings focus on delivering retail business education – NOT nutrition education.
Examples of education topics you can expect from RDBA include:
- How to negotiate and partner with suppliers
- Supermarket Boot Camp (basics of the retail industry)
- Supermarket financial performance and how retail RD initiatives relate to it
- Retail industry growth and outlook
- Department trend reports (produce, meat/poultry/seafood, grocery, dairy, frozen, etc)
- Regulatory and labeling updates
- The art and science of merchandising
- Reporting and communicating a return-on-investment
- Courses designed for retailers on why and how to hire RDs
Dietitian programs vary amongst retailers in scope, reporting structure, and priority. To this end, do contact us with suggestions for educational topics to add to our list or with any questions you may have on our educational programming.