RDBA Launches New EduTrac®: Fat vs. Fiction: Helping Consumers Understand Dietary Fat
The Retail Dietitians Business Alliance, in partnership with the California Walnut Board, is pleased to announce the launch of our latest EduTrac® - Fat vs. Fiction: Helping Consumers Understand Dietary Fat. EduTracs are an online education tool, designed specifically for the retail dietitian to learn more about a relevant topic at his or her own convenience.
As a dietitian, you know that dietary fats are an essential part of a healthy eating plan with scientific research supporting the many benefits associated with polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. However, a vast majority of Americans remain confused about dietary fats, creating a need for widespread consumer education and empowerment.
This EduTrac prepares you to confidently discuss dietary fat with your shoppers by offering a closer look at consumer perceptions, recent scientific research, and recommendations on dietary fat.
Topics included in the online education module include:
- Dietary Fat: Recommendations & Sources
- What do Americans Think About Dietary Fat?
- The Evolution of Dietary Fat Recommendations
- The Latest Research on Dietary Fats
- Educating and Empowering Customers
- Educational Resources, including handouts, recipes, videos, signage, and social media content
- Self-Guided Brainstorm Activity
You can view the EduTrac® here. This EduTrac has been approved for 1.5 CPEUs for dietetic professionals.