Only Three Days Left to Submit Retail Dietitian of the Year Award Nominations!
There may only be three days left to submit nominations for The Retail Dietitian of the Year Award, but that shouldn't stop you from nominating a deserving candidate—yourself or a peer—for this prestigious award.
The Retail Dietitian of the Year Award recognizes a professional who shows leadership in utilizing business skills and industry knowledge to positively impact consumer behavior change through the retail sector.
The award will be presented at the FMI Connect show in Chicago at 10:30am June 11, 2014, and complimentary travel and registration will be provided to the award winner. The RDBA Advisory Board and Executive Committee will review all applications and determine the award winner.
Criteria for the award are as follows:
- Applicant must be a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as well as a current member of RDBA.
- Applicant must have been employed by a retail company for a minimum of one year. If a retailer has less than 20 stores, applicant may be a consultant to the retailer with a minimum one-year ongoing relationship with said retailer. Applicant can work at the store, regional or corporate level of the retail company.
- Award application must include:
- Description of the retail RDs current role (in 300 words or less).
- Description of how the retail RD has positively impacted consumer behavior change through merchandising, marketing, community outreach, and/or consumer education (in 500 words or less).
- Explanation of how retail RD’s business skills and industry knowledge impact his/her effectiveness in the role (in 300 words or less).
- Two letters of support, one from direct supervisor and one from partner within or external to the retailer.
- RDBA members may nominate a colleague; self-nominations will also be accepted.
The application deadline is March 15, 2014. The winner will be notified by May 1, and the award presented at FMI Connect 10:30am June 11, 2014 in Chicago.