New Members Join RDBA Advisory Board
The Retail Dietitians Business Alliance (RDBA) Advisory Board provides strategic direction to the organization, ensuring it continues to meet the needs of it’s retail RD members. With approximately ten meetings a year, the group guides the direction of events like What’s In Store at FNCE, is involved with determining winners of the Retail Dietitian of the Year award, and provides insight into industry trends impacting the profession.
In 2018, RDBA welcomed the following new members to our Advisory Board:
- Hana Klimczak, BASc, RD is an in-store dietitian at Loblaws in Canada. She has been a retail RD since 2011, and covers two stores in Toronto. She is currently pursuing a Master of Health Studies degree.
- Julie McMillin, RD, LD is the Assistant Vice President of Retail Dietetics at Hy-Vee, Inc. In her role, Julie provides strategy leadership of the program and oversees store RDs in half of Hy-Vee’s territories. Julie is a former Retail RD of the Year award winner.
- Stephanie Perez, RD is a Retail Dietitian Supervisor at Wakefern Food Corporation, managing RDs and programs in ShopRite stores along the East Coast.
These new members join current Advisory Board members:
- Jane Andrews MS, RD, Nutrition & Product Labeling Manager at Wegmans Food Markets, Inc
- Susan Borra, RD, Sr. Vice President Communications & Strategic Planning at the Food Marketing Institute
- Judy Dodd, MS, RD, LDN, FADA, retail consultant
- Erica Flint, RD, CD, RD & Nutrition Labeling Specialist at Kwik Trip, Inc.
- Stephanie Schultz, MSM, RDN, CD, Sr Director of Wellness & Communications at Skogen’s Festival Foods
- Allison J Stowell MS, RD, CDN with Stowell Nutrition and a Consultant to Hannaford
- Joanie Taylor who is recently Retired from Schnuck Markets, Inc.
As is evident in it’s membership, the Advisory Board includes individuals from various retail dietetics roles, sizes of retailers, geographic locations, and supporting organizations, which provides valuable perspective in meeting the needs of the retail RD profession.