Help Shoppers Choose Lunch. Enter for a Chance to Receive Funding for Retail Events.
In today’s society, lunch is less intuitive and far more optional. Perceptions of the midday meal are evolving as the notion of “work-life balance” becomes increasingly difficult to navigate for the average individual.
California Walnuts is awarding 15 retail dietitians a $500 incentive to create a walnut-focused, in-store activation that encourages shoppers to reclaim their own lunch break, educate them about the nutritional benefits that make walnuts an ideal food for lunch meals, and inspire them with tips and recipes.
To participate, please submit the following information at this link:
- Name, position, retailer, and topline description of company’s approach to health & wellness
- Name of the event or promotion.
- Description of the program in which the $500 will be used (including number of days, length of time, location, event (in-store contest, community event, etc.) and target audience.
- Details on how the program will be promoted to shoppers, both within your retailer and within your market area.
- Plans for traditional and social media integration into the program.
- Number of shoppers or employees you anticipate reaching through the event.
- Description of metrics you will measure and provide to California Walnuts.
Details on your proposed promotion must be submitted at this link by midnight EST on June 7th, 2019. Selected recipients will be notified by June 12, 2019. Awards will be provided via a $500 VISA gift card to the first 15 applicants that meet all the criteria; no more than two RDNs from the same retailer can receive the incentive.
- You must be a dietitian who is employed by or consults to a retail grocery, convenience store or drug chain in the U.S. Your role can be at the corporate, regional or store level.
- The proposed event must use branded materials provided by California Walnuts, such as table tents/signs and/or the California Walnuts Take Back Your Lunch Booklet.
- The promotion can occur between July 1 and August 23, 2019 and must last a minimum of one week.
- Retailer must promote California Walnuts, which could be sold under a variety of brand/private labels or bulk products. Package may say “Product of the USA.”
- RDN must incorporate key messages provided by California Walnuts.
- Following the event, participants agree to contribute to an article about the promotion for the Retail Dietitians Business Alliance newsletter.
- Participants will provide a simple recap of the event to RDBA and California Walnuts, including pictures, metrics, and links to media by September 20, 2019.
What else you need to know:
- The incentive amount remains the same, regardless of one or multiple store locations or activations.
- 15 RDNs will be selected to receive the incentive.
- No more than two RDNs per retailer will be chosen.
- California Walnuts is happy to work with buyers at participating retailers to fulfill promotional aspects of the promotion.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of RDBA Executive staff as well as California Walnuts representatives to ensure compliance with all rules.
- Funding would be provided within 30 days of RDNs being notified.
- Retail establishments must be located in the US.