2019 Retail Dietitian of the Year Award Application Process Now Open
The Retail Dietitian Business Alliance is now accepting applications for the 2019 Retail Dietitian of the Year Award. This award recognizes a professional who shows leadership in utilizing business skills and industry knowledge to positively impact consumer behavior change through the retail sector. This year, all applicants must have a store level or regional role as a retail RD. The award will be presented at the Retail RD Exchange in Chicago, IL from May 20-22, and complimentary travel and registration will be provided to the award winner. The RDBA Advisory Board and Executive Committee will review all applications and determine the award winner.
Criteria for the award are as follows:
- Applicant must be a registered dietitian as well as a current member of RDBA.
- Applicant must have been employed by a retail company for a minimum of one year. If a retailer has less than 20 stores, applicant may be a consultant to the retailer with a minimum one-year ongoing relationship with said retailer.
- Applicant can work at the store or regional level of the retail company.
- Award application must include:
- Description of the retail RDs current role (in 300 words or less).
- Description of how the retail RD has positively impacted consumer behavior change through merchandising, marketing, community outreach, and/or consumer education (in 500 words or less).
- Explanation of how retail RD’s business skills and industry knowledge impact his/her effectiveness in the role (in 300 words or less).
- One letter of support, from a direct supervisor or partner within or external to the retailer, which specifically address the applicants business and industry knowledge and expertise.
- RDBA members may nominate a colleague; self-nominations will also be accepted.
- The application deadline is Friday, March 22, 2019. The winner will be notified by May 1, 2019, and the award presented at the Retail RD Exchange in Chicago, IL from May 20-22.
Click here to complete the award application for yourself or a colleague.